TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - And don't think Haltech or any other stand alone is this
People Seeking Info

Subject And don't think Haltech or any other stand alone is this

Posted by sparkie on July 17, 2014 at 4:08 PM
  This message has been viewed 421 times.

In Reply To Haltec (and simular) vs. Nistune vs. ECU Chip posted by Jiro on July 16, 2014 at 11:15 PM

Message magic device.

I'd actually recommend people who are interested in it getting the race version, not the plug-and-play version. I have the race version, I had to wire any sensors, injectors, ignition...learning how to configure the ECU to read the CAS trigger/reference signals, the difference ways of fuel injection, how the outputs control various valves, devices... build all the maps from scratch... That made me understand how the ECU works. Sure it took a long time. But it's worth it.

Don't think you can just throw the stand alone in there and expect everything magically started to work. The autotune/close looped tuning does not replace a good/honest dyno tuning.

The setup is cheaper than all the piggy-back devices. But then there are the dyno tuning sessions.

So whats the best? It all depends. It depends what you want to do with the car and how much money and effort are you willing to spend.

www.ztechz.net

ICQ # 14337317

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.